Our utmost concern is for the health and well being of our members. In order to ensure we keep our church family safe, we are aligning ourselves to the best practice policies recommended by the World Health Organization, the Center for Disease Control, Wayne County Health Divisions, the State of Michigan and the City of Detroit.
Below is guidance for Total Life Christian Ministries. As information changes, we will update as necessary. Currently these are the phases of our return to service and the highlighted phase is the one we are in currently:
- Phase 1 - All services moved to Zoom with in person Sunday church attendance restricted to Bishop Harris and 2-3 essential staff needed to stream the service live.
- Phase 2 - All services continue on Zoom with in person Sunday church attendance restricted to Bishop Harris, essential staff and Praise Team no more than 10 people total.
- Phase 3 - All services continue on Zoom with in person Sunday church attendance restricted to Bishop Harris, essential staff, Praise Team and ministry staff, no more than 20 people total.
- Phase 4 - All services continue online for those who are not comfortable or able to return to in person Sunday church attendance, any member is welcome to attend in person.
TLC is actively monitoring Coronavirus developments in the city as it concerns the health and well-being of our members and community and will retreat to a previous phase if it is the safer option.
In all phases EVERYONE who attends in person MUST adhere to the following protocols:
- Temperature Check - Temperatures will be taken upon entry with a non-contact thermometer, anyone with a temperature over 100.1 will unfortunately be asked to leave the building.
- Masks - Masks must be worn upon entry into the building until the member is safely in their seat socially distanced at least 6 feet away from other members
- Sanitation Stations - Sanitation stations will be set up at every entry point of the sanctuary that will include hand sanitizer and sanitation wipes. All members are required to use the sanitation station upon entry and re-entry to the sanctuary.
- Seating - Members must be seated socially distanced apart by 6 feet unless they live in the same household. Seating will be every other row and start three rows back from the pulpit.
- No Contact - This of course may be the hardest protocol as we are a church built and rooted in love. However, to be safe we are asking that you do not hug or shake hands with people and that any fellowship be done outside in the parking lot with masks on.
Remember, if you’re not feeling well (especially with any cold/flu like symptoms such as fever, chest, coughing, sore throat, etc) please DO NOT COME TO SERVICE. If you feel you have symptoms of COVID-19 please contact your Primary Care Physician or call 313-230-0505 to make an appointment for COVID-19 Drive thru testing.
We have lived through unprecedented times and are believing God for the health and safety of all our members. We will all need to work together to make sure we keep each other safe. We may be uncertain of what the future holds but we can be certain who holds the future and because of this we can stay safe, stay sane and stay saved!
Bishop Daryl & Pastor Wytrice Harris